The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark Privacy Notice
This privacy notice tells you how we process your personal information when you contact The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark is the controller – how do you contact the Ministry?
The Ministry is the controller for the processing of the personal data that the Ministry has collected about you. You will find the Ministry’s contact information below.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
Asiatisk Plads 2
DK-1448 Copenhagen K
CVR no.: 43271911
Telephone: +45 33 92 00 00
2. Contact information for the Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions about the Ministry’s processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact the Ministry’s Data Protection Officer via the following channels:
· By email: email@example.com
· By letter: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, Asiatisk Plads 2, DK-1448 Copenhagen K, Denmark, marked for the attention of the “Data Protection Officer”
3. Purposes of and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The Ministry will process your personal data for the following purposes:
· To enable us to process your enquiry to the Ministry.
· To enable us to process enquiries efficiently and keep track of which enquiries have been processed, including for use in searching for previous communications.
The legal basis for the Ministry’s processing of your personal data stems from:
· Article 6(1)(c) and (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
· Article 9(2)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
· Section 8(1) and (2), no. 3 of the Danish Data Protection Act.2
· Section 11(1) of the Danish Data Protection Act.
4. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights in respect of the Ministry’s processing of your personal data. If you want to exercise your rights, you must contact the Ministry.
Right to view information (right of access)
You are entitled to access the data that the Ministry processes about you, as well as certain information about the Ministry’s processing of your data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You are entitled to have incorrect data about you corrected.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you are entitled to have data about you erased, before the Ministry’s ordinary general erasure takes place.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you are entitled to have the processing of your personal data restricted. If you are entitled to restricted processing, the Ministry is then only permitted to process your personal data with your consent, unless the purpose of the processing is to establish, defend or exercise a legal claim, or to protect a person or important public interests. The Ministry may, however, continue to store your personal data.
Right to object
In certain cases, you are entitled to object to the Ministry’s otherwise lawful processing of your personal data.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency’s guidance on the rights of data subjects, which you will find at: www.datatilsynet.dk.
5. How to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the manner in which the Ministry is processing your personal data. You will find contact information for the Danish Data Protection Agency at www.datatilsynet.dk.
THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF DENMARK
1 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. Article 13(1) states that the controller must, at the time personal data are obtained, provide the data subject with certain information.
2 Act no. 502 of 23 May 2018 on supplementary provisions to the Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the Danish Data Protection Act).